- 1 head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 head of cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- large handful baby spinach
- 1 pkg firm tofu
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup raw cashews
- 3/4 cup roasted red pepper (I used bottled peppers)
- 1-2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp tumeric
- 1 tsp mustard
- 1/4 cup arrowroot powder
- 3 cups soy milk
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup ground almonds
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
1. Steam broccoli and cauliflower for 5-6 mins, until softened but still firm.
2. While veggies are steaming, make the sauce. Place sauce ingredients in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan and bring to bubbling, whisking constantly.
3. Mix together steamed veggies, chickpeas, and spinach with sauce and pour into a large casserole dish. Top with bread crumbs and almonds. Bake for 40 mins, until bubbling and top is browned.
From VeganDad (http://vegandad.blogspot.com/)